No card details required
The Value Of Comprehensive IT Asset Management, Optimising Assets, Reducing Costs, And Mitigating Risks Effectively
The Practical IT Asset Management (PITAM) Training and Assessment Programme is a comprehensive educational course designed for IT professionals who want to enhance their IT Asset Management (ITAM) skills and knowledge.
In this course, you’ll explore intricate topics such as stakeholder engagement, complex dependencies, ITAM implementation phases, and the art of reclaiming assets for maximum ROI.
Enabling you to solve critical problems related to IT Asset Management (ITAM) by equipping you with the knowledge and skills to address inefficient asset utilisation, costly software license compliance issues, and inadequate risk management associated with IT assets. Additionally, it provides solutions to common barriers, including a need to understand ITAM best practices and difficulties in demonstrating the value of ITAM initiatives to stakeholders.
Why Take The Practical IT Asset Manager (PITAM) Certification?
- How to sell ITAM to C-level and senior management.
- How to create a compelling, relevant and realistic business plan.
- Measure success and keep your C-level and senior management team engaged.
- How to identify and manage priorities.
- How to develop an ITAM roadmap.
- How to evolve the business plan based on changing requirements.
- The ITAM Value Canvas.
- Know how Continual Service Improvement drives momentum for your practice.
- Be able to develop a CSI plan.
- Be able to drive, track and report on the progress of your CSI plan.
- Assess the requirements of your team.
- Managing ITAM responsibilities across an extended virtual team.
- Grow a world class team.
- Identify and engage with stakeholders.
- Leverage stakeholder relationships for mutual benefit.
- Use ITAM data to support business goals.
- Why do we need to communicate?
- Audiences, Channels and messaging.
- Governance and relationships.
- Asset Request Process best practices.
- Automating the request process.
- Working with stakeholders to ensure the correct assets are acquired and provisioned.
- Managing sources of change.
- Working with different IT teams and stakeholders.
- ITAM and ITSM integration.
- Reclaim of hardware and software.
- Removal etiquette and user experience.
- IT Asset Disposition and minimising landfill.
- Why measure accuracy.
- How to maintain trustworthy data.
- Managing exceptions.
- Optimisation opportunities.
- How to prepare for significant contract negotiations and renewals.
- How to empower procurement and sourcing with relevant metrics.
- How to sweat, right-size and optimise assets.
- Understand the purpose & scope of tools in the context of your ITAM plan.
- Know how to differentiate between different tool types.
- Tool implementation.
Getting started and making a difference in the field of IT Asset Management
“This book will help bring those new to the profession up to speed in a way that fits the hectic pace of life today. Its 12 modules are manageable in size, and introduce people to most of the issues they will face in real life. These modules are supported by videos (excellent!), an organisational maturity assessment, a personal certification exam, and the ITAM Review online community.”
David Bicket, Co-editor of ISO/IEC 19770-1:2017 ITAM Requirements, Co-author of the ITIL SAM/ITAM Guide, Former convener of the ISO/IEC JTC1 SC7 WG21 (The ISO ITAM Working Group)
Martin is owner and founder of The ITAM Review, an online resource for worldwide ITAM professionals. The ITAM Review is best known for its weekly newsletter of all the latest industry updates, LISA training platform, Excellence Awards and conferences in UK, USA and Australia.
He is also the author of the book “Practical ITAM – The essential guide for IT Asset Managers”, a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.
Suggested ITAM courses
An annual subscription to LISA includes ALL of the following courses and more available immediately and on-demand 24/7/365.