No card details required
Unveiling The Essential Connection Between IT Asset Management (ITAM) And FinOps:
FinOps: Essentials is a comprehensive course designed to prepare IT Asset Managers, Software Asset Managers, and aspiring FinOps practitioners to manage cloud costs and optimise technology investments effectively.
Cloud services have become indispensable in today’s business landscape, offering numerous advantages. However, the shift to the cloud has introduced complexities in cost management, making it crucial to integrate FinOps practices and ITAM principles.
This course explores the crucial connections between IT Asset Management (ITAM) and FinOps, highlighting their collaboration’s benefits and necessity. Participants will gain insights into the foundational elements of the FinOps framework, essential data prerequisites, and the tools necessary for successful implementation. The course empowers professionals to enhance the value of technology investments while minimising risks.
What You'll Learn
By the end of this course, you will:
- An introduction to the course leaders.
- Who should take this course and why?
- An overview of the course and the course objectives.
- Introduce the FinOps Origin Story.
- Clearly define what exactly FinOps is and is not.
- Provide an Overview of the FinOps Foundation Framework.
- Discuss the Principles of The Framework.
- Introduce the Domains of FinOps and what they are responsible for.
- The various FinOps phases (or life cycle).
- Introduce the maturity model used within the framework and the characteristics that describe the specific maturity levels for a particular capability.
- Address the ITAM Perception Problem.
- Highlighting the Benefits of ITAM and FinOps working together.
- Take a deeper dive into a key benefit known as the “Bring Your Own License” (BYOL) opportunity.
- Introduce other key personas of FinOps, their goals within a FinOps team and the concept of Cloud Centers of Excellence (CCoE).
- Discuss how different personas can support and leverage ITAM within a FinOps practice.
- Overview of the key capabilities and data points ITAM can help provide for FinOps disciplines.
- Introduce cloud tagging and the cloud tagging process.
- Introduce different categories of tools that support FinOps and Software Asset Management (SAM).
- Summarise and recap key takeaways and items learned from the course.
- Find valuable links to related LISA courses and helpful reference materials.
Experienced IT Asset Manager with a demonstrated history of working in the insurance industry. Skilled in Requirements Analysis, ITIL, Software Licensing, IT Service Management, and IT Strategy. Over the last 15 years Ryan has helped build ITAM programs, conducted research, created articles, and delivered client advisory solutions on all things ITAM.
Rich has been in the world of software licensing since 2003, and genuinely loves talking about it! He spent 12 years at a Microsoft channel partner, helping organisations select the best licensing agreements and make the most of their investments – and training internal sales teams. His deep knowledge of Microsoft licensing, for both products and agreements, means his training can cover a wide range of topics that will help organisations every day. His range of experiences gives his training a unique edge that makes it easy to digest, informative and fun.
Suggested ITAM Courses
An annual subscription to LISA includes ALL of the following courses and more available immediately and on-demand 24/7/365.