No card details required
Be The Change: Empower Your IT For A More Sustainable Tomorrow
Not a day goes by without evidence of society’s impact on the environment increasing. We all have a role in reducing that impact, and that’s where Sustainable IT comes in. In the coming years, regulatory and commercial pressure on operating sustainably will increase, becoming a corporate imperative and C-Suite priority. This is the first in a series of courses that will equip you with the skills to respond to that imperative with tools, processes, data, and new ways of working.
In this essentials course, you will:
- Learn What Sustainable IT Is:
- Place Sustainability in context of IT operations.
- Understand its scope, particularly in how it goes beyond hardware.
- Identify areas where improvements can be made.
- Learn Why It’s Important:
- Look at Sustainable IT in a global and local context.
- Learn key facts and stories to enable you to engage with stakeholders and drive change.
- How To Get Started With Sustainable IT:
- Apply circularity concepts to IT consumption.
- Understand how to track progress and report on it.
- Understand stakeholder motivations for committing to Sustainable IT.
- Access Additional Resources:
- Explore a glossary of key terms and valuable links to further materials, enhancing your learning experience.
What You'll Learn
This course is suitable for anyone who needs or would like to get up to speed with the key concepts in Sustainable IT:
- Course Outline and learning objectives.
- Local and Global impacts.
- Opportunities to change how we operate.
- Regulatory Compliance.
- Map ITAM processes and tools to sustainability deliverables.
- Adopt global reporting standards to track progress.
- Identify a range of activities to get started with making a difference.
- Recap key takeaways and essential knowledge from the course.
- Access additional resources, including a glossary and links to further materials.
AJ has worked in IT for 25 years in a variety of roles including IT Operations and Software Asset Management. He has a passion for Sustainable IT and believes that IT Asset Managers can push forward the sustainability agenda in their organizations.
Clare Hobby is a Director at TCO Development, TCO Development provides the world-leading sustainability certification for IT products. It includes a comprehensive system of up-to-date criteria, independent verification and a structured system for continuous improvement to drive real and lasting change. Clare has over 18 years experience working in a variety of roles with TCO and provides valuable insight into the growth of Sustainability within IT.
Suggested ITAM courses
An annual subscription to LISA includes ALL of the following courses and more available immediately and on-demand 24/7/365.