Why take the Practical IT Asset Manager (PITAM) certification?
PITAM Live and Interactive Sessions – AT A GLANCE
Practical ITAM Live and Interactive
We’re introducing a brand-new way to learn the Practical ITAM course and achieve PITAM Certification.
From September 2020 to January 2021 we will be delivering the course with new and updated content via live online sessions. This gives you the opportunity to learn alongside your fellow ITAM professionals as well as ask questions as we go.
Over the course of interactive sessions, I’ll take you through the whole PITAM course and get you ready to be certified. The course includes four main training sessions plus an orientation and exam preparation session.
The course includes four main training sessions plus an orientation and exam preparation session. All sessions will be delivered via Zoom.
- Module 1: AUTHORITY – Secure and maintain senior management support for IT Asset Management (ITAM)
- Module 2: PLAN – How to build an ITAM business plan
- Module 3: IMPROVE – Maintaining momentum for your ITAM practice through continual service improvement
- Module 4: TEAM – How to build and grow a world class ITAM team
- Module 5: STAKEHOLDERS – How to leverage stakeholder relationships and remove blockers
- Module 6: COMMUNICATION – Building a communication plan for your ITAM practice
- Module 7: INPUT – Managing new assets (Request, Acquire, Provision)
- Module 8: OPERATE – Managing deployed assets (Transition, Replace, Maintain)
- Module 9: OUTPUT – Managing asset stock (Reclaim, Decommission, Retire, Dispose)
- Module 10: ACCURACY – Inventory, Discovery, Consumption – Building trust, reputation and budget with ITAM accuracy.
- Module 11: OPTIMISE – Ownership and Entitlement – How to sweat and fully optimise assets
- Module 12: TOOLS – Selecting the right tools to achieve your ITAM goals
Suggested ITAM courses
An annual subscription to LISA includes ALL of the following courses and more available immediately and on-demand 24/7/365.
No card details required
Martin is owner and founder of The ITAM Review, an online resource for worldwide ITAM professionals. The ITAM Review is best known for its weekly newsletter of all the latest industry updates, LISA training platform, Excellence Awards and conferences in UK, USA and Australia.
He is also the author of the book “Practical ITAM – The essential guide for IT Asset Managers”, a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.
Getting started and making a difference in the field of IT Asset Management
“This book will help bring those new to the profession up to speed in a way that fits the hectic pace of life today. Its 12 modules are manageable in size, and introduce people to most of the issues they will face in real life. These modules are supported by videos (excellent!), an organisational maturity assessment, a personal certification exam, and the ITAM Review online community.”
David Bicket, Co-editor of ISO/IEC 19770-1:2017 ITAM Requirements, Co-author of the ITIL SAM/ITAM Guide, Former convener of the ISO/IEC JTC1 SC7 WG21 (The ISO ITAM Working Group)